Are you a talented QA Automation Engineer, who has a passion for technology, with a deep understanding of automated software solutions, and loves working in a fast-paced agile environment?
If your answer is yes, then join us and be part of the agile team that is designing and implementing Vodafone high volume and high impact web & mobile applications! We are continuously working on new features and ways to improve customer experience and interaction with our apps.
At Vodafone, we believe digital transformation is a journey not a one off-stop. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to ensure adherence to design quality and coding standards
• Design and implement automated tests for user and technical stories
• Debug tests and provides corrective actions to software engineering
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
• Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
• Contribute to the maintenance and creation of test automation frameworks for REST API, UI and Mobile Testing
• Build and maintain tooling for test development
• Organize and implement Continuous Integration pipelines in Jenkins
• Establish relationships with engineers to figure out their needs and feature requests
• Manage the Reporting procedure of the test resultsReview requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to ensure adherence to design quality and coding standards
Vodafone – Quality Assurance Engineer
Core competencies, experience & knowledge:
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field
• 3+ years of experience in software automation testing
• Experience with Selenium and Page Object Model
• Experienced in tools Appium, Cucumber/Gkerkin
• Experience in Continuous Integration process, version control, defect tracking and test management tools
• Solid knowledge of basic principles of Software Quality Assurance
• Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
• A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
• Experience in Defect Management Process and relevant Tool such as Atlassian Jira, Rational ClearQuest, etc.
• Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
• Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
• Experience in Docker containers would be considered a plus
• Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry preferred
Behaviours and Other competencies:
• Experience working with agile methodologies / in agile teams strongly preferred
• Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, with high levels of creativity
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to distil difficult technical concepts into simple and actionable practices
• Strong time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple balls