The Procurement Manager reports to the Head of Procurement. The role will be responsible for managing our supplier base
and vendor relationships throughout TAP in Greece, Italy, Albania and Switzerland.
In this highly visible position, you will be responsible for the execution of all indirect procurement activities within TAP.
At times you will be required to have challenging conversations with your stakeholdersin order to ensure competition is maintained
in the procurement process but also to manage workload and ensure your team have the capacity to deliver the best commercial outcomes for TAP
. You will be very experienced in developing procurement strategies for a wide range of indirect procurement and have hands on experience
in producing quality tender documentation and undertaking all activities from tender formulation to contract award and beyond through
to contract management and finally contract close-out. You will have experience in managing a small team of procurement specialists
who will look to you for advice and direction and guidance on their future growth and opportunities.
You will be based in Athens, Greece, and you will be required travel to TAP Headquarters in Switzerland, as well as to sites Italy and Albania, when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leads the indirect procurement activity for TAP
- Responsible for indirect procurement strategy development and delivery
- Defines category strategies and conducts supply market analysis and supplier portfolio management in order to rationalise workload and supplier numbers
- Aligns category and contract strategies with stakeholders
- Accountable for compliant execution of procurement in accordance with the procurement process
- Indirect procurement representative at management level for both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for 3rd party spend transparency for indirect procurement
- Manages and rationalises procurement categories for optimum procurement strategies
- Responsible for Supply Market Analysis in close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for demand and category management (where appropriate) in indirect spend
- Enforces compliance withthe procurement policy throughout TAP
- Disciplinary leadership of the Indirect Procurement team
- Responsible for the MbO and other HR processes (leave, travel and expense approval) for direct reports who are TAP staff.
- 15 years of relevant experience in procurement ideally have experience in the Gas & Oil or Energy industry, or heavy engineering, or construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent academic degree. CIPS certification is desirable
- Working at the senior management level with the ability to motivate and guide the team.
Lead by example, be self-driven, structured, action-oriented, ability to be flexible and meeting tight deadlines and never compromise on ethics and compliance, safety and quality
- Hands-on experience in procuring and managing all indirect procurement categories: ICT, HR, Facility Management, Business services, etc.
- Experience in prioritising your own workload as well as your teams workload to ensure the best outcomes for TAP.
- Strong experience in managing teams of experienced and senior resources, providing guidance and coaching where required.
- Experienced in supporting and implementing European procurement strategies and leading at a regional level
- Experience in managing procurement programs which have resulted in cost savings and better service/supply outcomes.
- SAP experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Greek language. Ideally, you are also reasonably conversant in German