BUILD THE FUTURE
The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in Athens, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products.
This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues. This person must have an engineering mind with a very hands-on approach and a great customer and contractor interface. The work will require travel, sometimes on short notice, and may require extended trips; a get-it-done mentality for all of the situations is expected.
· Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
· Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks). This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
· Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
· Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on-field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
· Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
· Recognize trends and patterns in-field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
· Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
· Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
· Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
· Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting.
· Travel to perform onsite root cause analysis.
· Availability for off-hours calls and work.
· The equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Minimum of 6+ years’ experience as development, diagnostics or field support engineer. Additional experience in construction trades preferred.
· Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with external service providers.
· Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers within the engineering organization.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in Greek and English. Additional European languages a plus.
· Strong ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
· Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
· Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
· Working knowledge in computer science (PERL, SQL, Python, C++, MATLAB) and mechatronics fields.
· Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
· Experience in the energy industry preferred.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria