Κωδικός Αγγελίας 120796
Εμπειρία Μακρόχρονη εμπειρία
Μόρφωση Ανώτατη Μόρφωση (ΑΕΙ/ΤΕΙ)
MYTILINEOS seeking to hire a Financial Controller
MYTILINEOS seeking to hire a Financial Controller
Marousi, Greece Central Functions Full time
MYTILINEOS is a leading global industrial and energy company with a strong presence in all five continents covering two business Sectors, the Energy Sector and the Metallurgy Sector, is currently seeking to hire a Financial Controller.
- Excellent IFRS knowledge, strong technical skills, ability to research IFRS technical issues.
- Experience in performing IFRS technical analysis, making IFRS calculations, drawing-up the accounting entries for the IFRS adjustments and preparing IFRS timely financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support annually, semi-annually or monthly close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local and international reporting requirements
- solutions in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and legislation
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and accuracy
- Ability to work under tight timelines.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Academic background including a bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major ,
- More than 5 years of relevant working experience in an IFRS department at a large accounting firm or at an organization filing with IFRS. ,
- Solid knowledge of Accounting and General Chart of Accounts ,
- Experience with creating financial statements ,
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process ,
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork mentality and able to pay attention to details ,
- Strong organizing and planning skills, problem solving and analytical ability ,
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (excel, word, PowerPoint) and Outlook applications, knowledge of SAP and Hyperion will be considered an asset ,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English and the ability to explain specialized concepts to non-technical audiences. ,
- Completed military obligations (where applicable).
MYTILINEOS collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
MYTILINEOS is a leading global industrial and energy company with a strong presence in all five continents. The company operates four Business Units, the Power & Gas BU, the Metallurgy BU, the Renewables & Storage Development BU and the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU.
In 2020, MYTILINEOS operating income (EBITDA) reached €315 million remaining stable compared to 2019 while its revenues exceeded €1.9 billion. Today, company’s workforce lists more than 3,850 direct and indirect employees. MYTILINEOS with its activity generates added value of €1.06 bn., equal to 0.6% of the country’s total GDP.
The company, that started as a family business in 1908 as a metal trading business and became a corporate entity in 1990. Established In 1995, the company was listed in the Athens Stock Exchange, while today is a constituent of the FTSE LARGE CAP Index
In 2017, MYTILINEOS combined its subsidiaries Aluminum of Greece, METKA and Protergia, into a new single business entity, enhancing operational flexibility and further boosting its purchasing and financing capacity.
With the corporate transformation of 2020, MYTILINEOS established a new business unit the International Renewables & Storage Development (RSD) Business Unit, while transformed the EPC BU – METKA into a new, modern and innovative Business Unit; the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU (SES BU),
The company’s focus on sustainability is strengthened by the subsidiaries EPALME, which is the largest independent producer of recycled aluminum (secondary) and Zeologic, a startup specialized in the provision of innovative solutions in the field of liquid and solid waste management.
MYTILINEOS pursues its development through its business model, responding to the global challenges of Sustainable Development. The company’s path to sustainability is characterized mainly by its conscious commitment to responsible entrepreneurship and the alignment of its strategic priorities with the Global Sustainable Development Goals, as well as by its leading role in the evolving national energy transformation and decarbonization. In 2021, MYTILINEOS became the first Greek company to set solid targets and committed to minimize its carbon footprint. In particular, MYTILINEOS committed to minimize its total direct and indirect CO2 emissions by at least 30% by 2030, compared to 2019 levels, while by 2050 it committed to achieve net zero emissions in its entire business activity. With this decision, MYTILINEOS paved the way for a greener and more environmentally friendly industry, according to ESG (Environment, Social and Government) performance indices.