Κωδικός Αγγελίας 168801
Εμπειρία Απαιτούμενη προϋπηρεσία
Μόρφωση Ανώτατη Μόρφωση (ΑΕΙ/ΤΕΙ)
MYTILINEOS Athens seeking to hire a Tax Lawyer
MYTILINEOS Athens seeking to hire a Tax Lawyer
Athens, Greece Central Functions, Finance
At MYTILINEOS, we are catalysts for a sustainable future, leading the green energy transition with innovative solutions while being a reference point for competitive green metallurgy. Our global presence covers two business Sectors: Energy and Metallurgy. With a consolidated yearly turnover of €6.3 billion and a workforce of over 5,500 dedicated individuals, we fuel success through cutting-edge technology and diverse talent.
We are committed to embracing new state-of-the-art technologies and advancements, propelling us towards a cleaner, brighter tomorrow. Our positive footprint extends across five continents, leaving a lasting impact. At MYTILINEOS, we foster a culture of resilience, challenge, respect, excellence, and change, empowering our diverse workforce to achieve remarkable outcomes.
MYTILINEOS is currently looking for a Tax Lawyer with a focus on International and Transaction Tax to join its Tax department headquartered in Greece. You will part in one of the biggest in-house tax departments in Greece engaging in a wide spectrum of global projects for a dynamic and constantly evolving Group operating across five continents. The successful candidate will grow professionally and personally through intensive team work aiming at addressing the Group’s challenging cross border projects.
Your role will encompass:
- Tax assistance in the context of major group transactions and restructurings on a global basis
- Tax structuring of the group’s operations and investments on a global basis
- Tax advisory on selected issues escalated to HQ level in cooperation with local tax advisors
- Tax review of contracts and other legal documents and provision of guidance
- Assistance in tax controversy of the group in cooperation with local tax advisors
- Assistance in implementation of group’s tax policies
- Identification and help resolve legal issues and areas of risk
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor of laws degree ,
- Technical knowledge and practical experience across international tax, transfer pricing and transaction tax. M. in a respective field is a plus ,
- Demonstrate professional experience in taxation (6+ years) within a Big 4, consultancy or/ and international group ,
- Exercise sound judgment, manage risks effectively and demonstrate a relentless commitment to delivering work of the highest quality ,
- Strong organizational skills ,
- Flexibility, team spirit and eagerness for learning and evolving ,
- Ability to travel abroad and work within strict deadlines ,
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously if needed ,
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written ,
- Competitive remuneration package
- Group Health Insurance program
- Pension Plan
- Cooperation, creativity and innovation: we adopt flexible cooperation models to achieve fast results and increased productivity
- Hybrid working will be considered
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
We respect your personal data. All personal information in your application and CV will remain strictly confidential.
At MYTILINEOS we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
MYTILINEOS collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
MYTILINEOS is a leading global industrial and energy company with a strong presence in all five continents. The company operates four Business Units, the Power & Gas BU, the Metallurgy BU, the Renewables & Storage Development BU and the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU.
In 2020, MYTILINEOS operating income (EBITDA) reached €315 million remaining stable compared to 2019 while its revenues exceeded €1.9 billion. Today, company’s workforce lists more than 3,850 direct and indirect employees. MYTILINEOS with its activity generates added value of €1.06 bn., equal to 0.6% of the country’s total GDP.
The company, that started as a family business in 1908 as a metal trading business and became a corporate entity in 1990. Established In 1995, the company was listed in the Athens Stock Exchange, while today is a constituent of the FTSE LARGE CAP Index
In 2017, MYTILINEOS combined its subsidiaries Aluminum of Greece, METKA and Protergia, into a new single business entity, enhancing operational flexibility and further boosting its purchasing and financing capacity.
With the corporate transformation of 2020, MYTILINEOS established a new business unit the International Renewables & Storage Development (RSD) Business Unit, while transformed the EPC BU – METKA into a new, modern and innovative Business Unit; the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU (SES BU),
The company’s focus on sustainability is strengthened by the subsidiaries EPALME, which is the largest independent producer of recycled aluminum (secondary) and Zeologic, a startup specialized in the provision of innovative solutions in the field of liquid and solid waste management.
MYTILINEOS pursues its development through its business model, responding to the global challenges of Sustainable Development. The company’s path to sustainability is characterized mainly by its conscious commitment to responsible entrepreneurship and the alignment of its strategic priorities with the Global Sustainable Development Goals, as well as by its leading role in the evolving national energy transformation and decarbonization. In 2021, MYTILINEOS became the first Greek company to set solid targets and committed to minimize its carbon footprint. In particular, MYTILINEOS committed to minimize its total direct and indirect CO2 emissions by at least 30% by 2030, compared to 2019 levels, while by 2050 it committed to achieve net zero emissions in its entire business activity. With this decision, MYTILINEOS paved the way for a greener and more environmentally friendly industry, according to ESG (Environment, Social and Government) performance indices.