Κωδικός Αγγελίας 79919
Εμπειρία Απαιτούμενη προϋπηρεσία
Μόρφωση Ανώτατη Μόρφωση (ΑΕΙ/ΤΕΙ)
MYTILINEOS Athens looking for an Energy Meteorologist
MYTILINEOS Athens looking for an Energy Meteorologist
Athens, Attica, Greece OPTIMUS/ TRADING Full time OPTIMUS METEOR 23
Optimus Energy S.A. the leading Renewable Energy Sources (RES) Aggregator in Greece, member of HERON ENERGY Group Of Companies, is currently seeking to hire an Energy Meteorologist who provides meteorological support to Optimus Energy’s power trading activities through the timely and accurate dissemination of standard daily forecasting products as well as ad-hoc, time-critical support during periods of adverse weather that may influence the power market
- Analyze various meteorological data and forecasts from internal sources, third party energy forecast providers and publicly available data in order to derive recommendations for the optimization of predictions of expected wind and solar energy generation.
- Communicate significant weather events that may have an impact on power markets. Provide mid-day model run updates and associated commentary for energy traders, including model change assessment for the next trading hours and days. When assigned, provide commentary on long range weather models and weather updates on weekends.
- Provide timely, clear, and concise oral and written communication of forecast products to energy traders working under very strict deadlines. (Ability to meet deadlines, rapidly adapt to changing priorities, and innovate solutions.)
- Improve in-house forecast models, in cooperation with our technical team, for our renewable energy portfolio.
- Evaluate various vendor Forecasts and perform statistical weather-energy analyses and case studies.
- Design and develop own tools and reports to structure and analyze meteorological data for constant interpretation of weather influence on the markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences
- Οperational weather forecasting experience. Candidates with less experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with numerical weather prediction models and comprehensive knowledge of global weather models, including their strengths and weaknesses
- Aptitude for working with statistical analysis packages (R, Python, similar)
- Operational forecasting experience in the energy sector or in a wind forecasting application
- Data science, programming, analytical or data visualization skills with experience in one or more of the following programming languages: VBA, Python, R, SQL, MATLAB, etc.
- Familiarity with gridded atmospheric data sets and weather-related file formats such as grib, shp, netCDF
- High analytical skills and structured way of working
- Ability to take initiatives
- Ability to work rotating shifts including holidays and weekends
ΟΜΙΛΟΣ ΓΕΚ ΤΕΡΝΑ / GEK TERNA GROUP collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
MYTILINEOS is a leading global industrial and energy company with a strong presence in all five continents. The company operates four Business Units, the Power & Gas BU, the Metallurgy BU, the Renewables & Storage Development BU and the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU.
In 2020, MYTILINEOS operating income (EBITDA) reached €315 million remaining stable compared to 2019 while its revenues exceeded €1.9 billion. Today, company’s workforce lists more than 3,850 direct and indirect employees. MYTILINEOS with its activity generates added value of €1.06 bn., equal to 0.6% of the country’s total GDP.
The company, that started as a family business in 1908 as a metal trading business and became a corporate entity in 1990. Established In 1995, the company was listed in the Athens Stock Exchange, while today is a constituent of the FTSE LARGE CAP Index
In 2017, MYTILINEOS combined its subsidiaries Aluminum of Greece, METKA and Protergia, into a new single business entity, enhancing operational flexibility and further boosting its purchasing and financing capacity.
With the corporate transformation of 2020, MYTILINEOS established a new business unit the International Renewables & Storage Development (RSD) Business Unit, while transformed the EPC BU – METKA into a new, modern and innovative Business Unit; the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU (SES BU),
The company’s focus on sustainability is strengthened by the subsidiaries EPALME, which is the largest independent producer of recycled aluminum (secondary) and Zeologic, a startup specialized in the provision of innovative solutions in the field of liquid and solid waste management.
MYTILINEOS pursues its development through its business model, responding to the global challenges of Sustainable Development. The company’s path to sustainability is characterized mainly by its conscious commitment to responsible entrepreneurship and the alignment of its strategic priorities with the Global Sustainable Development Goals, as well as by its leading role in the evolving national energy transformation and decarbonization. In 2021, MYTILINEOS became the first Greek company to set solid targets and committed to minimize its carbon footprint. In particular, MYTILINEOS committed to minimize its total direct and indirect CO2 emissions by at least 30% by 2030, compared to 2019 levels, while by 2050 it committed to achieve net zero emissions in its entire business activity. With this decision, MYTILINEOS paved the way for a greener and more environmentally friendly industry, according to ESG (Environment, Social and Government) performance indices.
Ψάχνεις εργασία; Μπες στο ergasia.gr και βρες τον επόμενο σταθμό της καριέρας σου!
Άλλες αγγελίες που ίσως θες να δεις
FRAPORT Corfu Airport looking for Security Duty Officer / Fixed-Term Contract
- @ ErgasiaGR_HR
- Corfu Ioannis Kapodistrias Airport (CFU), Corfu, Ελλάδα