balena Αναζητάμε ΑΠΟΘΗΚΑΡΙΟ / Picker
balena Αναζητάμε ΑΠΟΘΗΚΑΡΙΟ / Picker
Αποθηκάριος / Picker (Athens, Greece) – Πλήρης απασχόληση / Full time
Athens, Attica, Greece Hardware & Distribution Full time
What you will do
We are looking to hire a full-time energetic picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping as well as taking care of the warehouse. Your mission will be to ensure high levels of order completeness, accuracy, and on-time delivery. You will support all day-to-day operations making sure processes are followed and issues are reported as needed.
- Manage the order fulfilment process – processing, picking, packing, and shipping
- Administer the warehouse – ordering and receiving parts, unloading, labelling, inspecting for defects & damages, and shelving to maximize storage space
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized
- Maintain inventory ensuring adequate availability of parts, balance stock with customer demand, keep records, and perform regular audits
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure everything runs smoothly and effectively communicate status changes and delays, as needed
- Follow safe working practices and keep a clean working environment
- Experience in a similar warehousing role
- Computer literacy – Ability to use ERP systems, GSuite/MS Office, and internal tools
- Ability to build strong relationships and coordinate effectively with peers, partners, and suppliers
- Willingness to constantly build on your knowledge of new practices and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in English and Greek
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours, lift heavy objects and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in fulfilment, warehouse and/or inventory management
- Familiarity with modern inventory management methods and systems
- Experience operating warehouse machinery (forklifts, cherry pickers, pallet jacks)
- Work with a talented and globally distributed team
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
Who we are
Balena is a highly distributed company that has embraced a remote-first approach since 2013. We are a group of individuals from across the globe working together to achieve our mission: “reduce friction for fleet owners and unlock the power of physical computing”. For us, this means removing the barriers to entry for developing IoT products, whether that’s easing software deployments with balenaCloud, simplifying image flashing with balenaEtcher, or offering our own hardware based on our experience seeing thousands of devices running in production environments. We’re engineering a complete, end-to-end solution that makes it easy for any developer to build applications at the Edge.
How we work
- We place trust and autonomy in our team to own the outcome of their work.
- We practice radical candour and transparency with open, honest, and clear communications.
- We embrace first-principles thinking and constantly challenge our assumptions.
- We organize ourselves based on the best use of our collective abilities to solve our highest priority problems at any given time, rather than by a strict hierarchy.
- We’re not afraid to fail as long as we learn from our mistakes.
- We’re always looking for common patterns that allow us to reduce complexity.
- We embrace short-term pain for long-term gain, building products that will stand the test of time.
What is balena?
Balena is a complete set of tools for building, deploying, and managing fleets of connected Linux devices. We provide infrastructure for fleet owners so they can focus on developing their applications and growing their fleets with as little friction as possible.
Our tools are designed to work well together as a platform, but you can also pick and choose the components you need for your project, and adapt them to your particular use case. We know that no two IoT projects are the same and there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
If you’re eager to learn more about the inner workings of balena, you’re in luck! We’re eager to share. This guide covers the components and workflows involved in a typical balena deployment.