Job Title SAP Basis Confirmed Regional Domain Lead
Center of Excellence (CoE), Ahold Delhaize Group
Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries),
375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers weekly.
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is one of the largest retail chains with more than 500 Super Markets, Cash & Carry,
and franchise stores and over 14 000 employees
The goal of the role is to manage the SAP Basis team from an organizational point of view and to coordinate with all the teams,
the requirements, confirm the planning, contribute to all topics where the Basis area is important.
This function plays a leadership role on Basis type projects, in supporting all projects and releases where the Basis team contribution is required.
The function holder will also participate in strategic management meetings to help for short/mid/long term decisions related to the AD BeCSE roadmap.
Making sure the Ahold Delhaize security rules and procedures are adopted and respected by the Basis team is a key function of this role.
• Makes sure all existing SAP systems are supported and that through proactive planned actions, a minimum
of unplanned downtime is ensured
• He/She is responsible to plan the system upgrades and patches required to keep all SAP systems stable and performant
• Liaises with the other COE leads on preparing and planning the SAP Basis team support for the AD projects and initiatives
• Keeps the team informed and motivated, and coordinates and follows up the activities within the scope of the AMS Basis team
(SAP Basis project management, planning, budgeting and follow up of the successful implementations within budget)
• Prepares budget forecast, follows up costs and reports in time any risks related to budget discrepancy
• Collaborates with the Ahold Delhaize BeCSE Business partners, SAP Functional Specialists, Solution/Enterprise architects,
and application architects to ensure alignment with the systems scale up, systems set-up to meet business process requirements
• Manages external partners and collaborates with third parties involved in AD environment/projects
• Ensures the team is aware of the latest security norms of AD and actions are taken to be compliant with the security aspect,
and follows the Change management and Life cycle management policies and procedures of Ahold Delhaize BeCSE
• Follows up of the system’s health (EWA), pro-active planning of systems improvement and regular reporting of systems state
to respective management
• SAP Basis experience with a minimum of five (5+) hands-on experience in various SAP systems like ECC, BW, F&R, CAR, SOLMAN, HR, SAP PO, SAP Hana
• Strong team lead experience of at least 5 years, preferably in a technical area, project management experience, good communication and reporting skills towards top management
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, training and team-leading skills and the ability to work effectively with the COE teams and infrastructure teams.
Capable of providing leadership, motivating team members, good negotiation skills
• Ability to conduct research and recommend changes in an existing, changing, or emerging environment
• Budget forecast management experience cost follow up and control
• Curious and eager to learn new technologies, be the driver for changes
• Good understanding of the SAP landscape, pro-active attitude
• Experience in IS-RETAIL SAP project is a major plus
• Experience in Microsoft Azure (or any other leading public cloud platform) is a plus
• Fluency in the English language, both written & spoken
• Familiar and used to work in a fully remote multicultural environment
• Managing external partners and third-party teams
• Project management experience is required
• Performing well under stress situations
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects
On line quoting reference: (ref: SAPLEAD_21)