A.M. Nomikos operates a commercial, corporate and technical ship management service for ship owning entities.
The Company employs over 1,600 personnel worldwide, on land and sea-based operations.
The Head Office and central management is located in Athens with commercial activities situated in London.
The company was originally involved in coastal shipping and over the past 6 decades has grown into all main types of Dry Bulk vessels, with a principal focus on the Geared segment.
Most recently the company has expanded capabilities in the management of Container ships.
Position A.M. Nomikos looking for a BUYER
As a Buyer you will:
- Prepare accurate and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and raw goods.
- Work closely with specific departments by placing orders, ensure that purchases are recorded at the time of the request, and submit these orders to receive approval from the relevant department or from the Procurement Manager.
- Monitor vessel requirement oversights and advise said department.
- Check and ensure that all required data are accurate, according to supplier’s feedback-data.
- Ability to assess existing data and produce accurate forecasts that pertain to vessels’ timely supplies and replenishment.
- Follow-up on-time deliveries and inform internal clients of expected delivery times and purchase order status.
- Establish and maintain documents and records, as per the Company’s processes and systems.
- Produce reports as requested.
- B.Sc. Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in a similar position. Experience in the shipping sector is considered a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ERP software for supply ordering (e.g. Danaos)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal)
- Advanced PC literacy (especially MS Office)
- Meticulous with very strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
Other information A.M. Nomikos looking for a BUYER
We aspire to be an employer of choice and to offer our people opportunities to continuously develop personally and professionally, and to work in an environment that is shaped by collaboration, responsibility and integrity.
Our commitment to trustful and long-term partnerships with our customers is matched by our commitment to the people who make this a reality.
Become part of our team and let’s work together to shape the future of maritime transport!